Potable Aqua - Water Purification Treatment
Brand: Potable Aqua
Color: No Color
- Potable Aqua - the most trusted name in water purification products, Potable Aqua is used by militaries and relief organizations around the world. Potable Aqua Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets are intended for emergency disinfection of drinking water
- The 30-minute wait period ensures adequate time for Potable Aqua to inactivate target organisms and make water bacteriologically suitable for drinking. 2 PA tablets are required to treat 1 quart (1 liter) of water. 50 tablets will treat 25 quarts of water
- Portable, light and easy to carry; PA tablets can be used camping, hiking, backpacking, in emergency water preparedness kits, hurricane kits, earthquake kits, flood kits and to prepare for other natural disasters when suitable drinking water is scarce
- Potable Aqua may be used in conjunction with a camping or emergency water filter. It is effective against bacteria, viruses, and many cysts such as giardia lamblia. Potable Aqua is not effective against cryptosporidium cysts
- Potable Aqua provides an accurate dose, and is effective over extreme conditions such as cloudy water, low temperatures, and extreme pH. It is simple to use, foolproof, and time-efficient
Legal Disclaimer: NA
Publisher: Wisconsin Pharmacal Company, llc
Release Date: 2011-04-28
Details: Potable Aqua Water Treatment Tablets
Used worldwide by campers, hikers, militaries, emergency organizations, and anyone else who needs to drink water of questionable quality, these Portable Aqua iodine tablets will disinfect contaminated drinking water in a pinch. The tablets--which are intended for short-term or limited emergency use only--make most water bacteriologically suitable for drinking, proving effective against Giardia lamblia when used as directed.
Each Potable Aqua tablet contains 20 mg of Tetraglycine Hydroperiodide (TGHP), which liberates 8 mg of titratable iodine when released into water. Within 30 minutes, the iodine will have penetrated the cell walls of the microorganisms, rendering them inactive and making the water bacteriologically suitable to drink.
For use only when drinking water is of questionable quality. Is not for use on a continuous basis. Read the complete product label and follow all directions for use.