Homeschooling can be a choice or a necessity. Either way, alongside a wide array of benefits this educational method provides, it also has challenges that both children and parents have to face.
If you’re in a bind trying to juggle all the tasks that come along with your kid doing remote studies, the homeschooling quotes we’ve prepared for you are sure to give you a motivation boost.
Common Homeschooling Challenges
While for some homeschooling is a blessing, others find the traditional form of education easier to handle. Here are some of the reasons why certain parents and kids can find home studies challenging:
Lack of Socialization
Depending on the reasons due to which a child has to be homeschooled, it may happen that they don’t get to communicate with peers enough. Such a lack of socialization may lead to serious psychological issues, such as apathy, social anxiety, and even depression.
A school environment has various motivation sources for kids with different temperaments, from healthy competition among students to positive feedback from the teachers. When a child is homeschooled, it may be difficult to get inspired to study, which may result in poor academic performance and apathy.
Ruined Study-Life Balance
When there is no need to physically go to school and attend classes, self-discipline can be tricky, especially for really young students. Common issues that arise are procrastination, high stress levels, anxiety, and burnout.
Absence of Privacy
In households with many family members or a small living area, it may happen that homeschooled children don’t get enough of much-needed privacy.
Best Homeschooling Quotes to Keep the Spirits Up
While even the best homeschool quotes can’t single-handedly resolve the issues children and their parents encounter during home studies, they can certainly keep the spirits lifted.
The emotional state of household members contributes a great deal to motivation, so it’s useful to have the right words when things get tough.
These homeschool mom quotes from famous people are encouraging and are sure to provide students and parents with support and confidence in their abilities:
- “When the atmosphere encourages learning, the learning is inevitable.” Elizabeth Foss
- “The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self-control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.” David O. McKay
- "The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice." Brian Herbert
- “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.” Gandhi
- “Homeschooling and public schooling are as opposite as two sides of a coin. In a homeschooling environment, the teacher need not be certified, but the child MUST learn. In a public school environment, the teacher MUST be certified, but the child need NOT learn.” Gene Royer
- “We can get too easily bogged down in the academic part of homeschooling, a relatively minor part of the whole, which is to raise competent, caring, literate, happy people.” Diane Flynn Keith
- “Once upon a time, all children were homeschooled. They were not sent away from home each day to a place just for children but lived, learned, worked, and played in the real world, alongside adults and other children of all ages.” Rachel Gathercole
- "The secret of getting ahead is getting started." Mark Twain
- "Tell me, and I forget. Teach me, and I remember. Involve me, and I learn." Ben Franklin
- "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."Albert Einstein
If it’s difficult for you to find motivation, these quotes for homeschool moms, dads, and children will supply you with some words of wisdom:
- “You will not reap the fruit of individuality in your children if you clone their education.” Marilyn Howshall
- “When one teaches, two learn.” Robert Heinlein
- “Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.” William Butler Yeats
- “The home is the chief school of human virtues.” William Ellery Channing
- “Children learn from anything and everything they see. They learn wherever they are, not just in special learning places.” John Holt
- “You will not be good teachers if you focus only on what you do and not upon who you are.” Rudolf Steiner
- “Self-education is the only possible education; the rest is mere veneer laid on the surface of a child’s nature.” Charlotte Mason
- “All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.” Sir Walter Scott
- “Genius is an exceedingly common human quality, probably natural to most of us.” John Taylor Gatto
- “Do not let the endless succession of small things crowd great ideals out of sight and out of mind.” Charlotte Mason
3. Problem Solving
Sometimes the task is not as difficult as it seems - all you need is a change of approach in solving it.
These ironically funny homeschool quotes will help you get a different perspective if you feel stuck with some assignments:
- “Too often, we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve.” Roger Lewin
- “Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent.” Plato
- “I suppose it is because nearly all children go to school nowadays and have things arranged for them that they seem so forlornly unable to produce their own ideas.” Agatha Christie, Agatha Christie: An Autobiography
- "No one is perfect – that's why pencils have erasers." Wolfgang Riebe
- “It is the mark of a truly educated man to know what not to read.” Ezra Taft Benson
- “Education does not mean teaching people what they do not know. It means teaching them to behave as they do not behave.” John Ruskin
- “The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think - rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with the thoughts of other men.” James Beattie
- “Any child who can spend an hour or two a day, or more if he wants, with adults that he likes, who are interested in the world and like to talk about it, will on most days learn far more from their talk than he would learn in a week of school.” John Holt
- "If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn." Ignacio Estrada
- "If you've told a child a thousand times, and the child still has not learned, then it is not the child who is the slow learner." Walter Barbie
Useful Homeschooling Tips
Homeschool quotes are great, but what are some other ways of making online studies more pleasant for both parents and kids?
Here are some tips:
With the help of homeschooling quotes in combination with other methods that motivate and encourage your child, remote studies are guaranteed to be a positive experience for everyone in the household.